Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who uses ebay? couple questions

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

who uses ebay? couple questions

Im not really into online buying.  But im interested in a couple things here and there on ebay.  So from your point of view how do I set up paypal to go with my ebay account?  All this seems confusing to me 

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: who uses ebay? couple questions

My current eBay account is the same one I have been using since about 2000, so I don't remember exactly how everything was set up, but I don't remember anything being difficult.  Just set up a PayPal account and then select the PayPal option when you are checking out of eBay.  

I would recommend BillmeLater, it is an invisible line of credit that I use all the time.  It doesn't show up on your credit reports and doesn't effect your util, -and- they offer no interest no payments for 6 months all the time on new purchases.  So I buy stuff, don't pay for it till 6 months later, and my FICO stays exactly the same whether I have $0 balance or am maxed out.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Same here. I signed up in 99 when ebay and paypal weren't exclusive.

Just sign up for both, then you go  into your ebay settings and set-up your payment account as paypal.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 9
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

the only way to pay for items on ebay with dealing with a private seller is through paypal correct?

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 4 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

the only way to pay for items on ebay with dealing with a private seller is through paypal correct?

Sometimes the sellers allow buyers to mail in a check and some sellers have their own payment processing systems in addition to paypal.  PayPal (which lets you pay via credit cards, bank accounts, eBay bucks credits, etc)  is the fastest and safest way to do it though. 

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 9
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

PayPal is giving me the option to enter my checking account info and or credit card info. If I enter both can I choose method of payment after wards?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can enter both your checking and credit card info and choose either one when paying. Be careful though paypal defaults to the checking account option and when you go to complete your purchase pay close attention to a link on the page to select an alternate payment method and choose to pay with your credit card instead if you wish.

Message 7 of 9
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

you can pay any way you choose.  For me, it defualts to BillMeLater.

Message 8 of 9
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

I accept USPS money orders, too.  I just don't announce it on my auctions.  But, if anyone asks, I'm happy to take them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.