cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19 Lates on SLM Entitles/GLELSI (Sallie Mae Student Loan) - Need help getting them removed...

tag
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

19 Lates on SLM Entitles/GLELSI (Sallie Mae Student Loan) - Need help getting them removed...

I had defaulted on my Student Loan which was being serviced by GLELSI, and then just recently completed my Student Loan rehab and got the account brought back into a positive status.  This was a Stafford Loan.

Now, I have a new lender (Sun Trust Bank) that took over this account, but it is still being serviced by GLELSI.

I have a total of 19 Lates on this closed account, from 11/2007 to 9/2009.

While, I know it is pretty recent, is there any thing I can do to get these late marks removed from my credit reports? 

>I've disputed these accounts, and they have been verified.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best course of action, or contact numbers/addresses that would be willing to remove these lates.

Thanks!

Starting Scores FICO8 - 02-23-2022

Current Scores FICO8

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: 19 Lates on SLM Entitles/GLELSI (Sallie Mae Student Loan) - Need help getting them removed...

Hi and welcome to the forum

I returned your PM

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
GoHooterGo
Regular Contributor

Re: 19 Lates on SLM Entitles/GLELSI (Sallie Mae Student Loan) - Need help getting them removed...

Thanks for your reply.

I've sent you another PM.

Starting Scores FICO8 - 02-23-2022

Current Scores FICO8

Message 3 of 6
Sol7

Can someone help me? I have the exact same problem. A mortgage application is pending on this. Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
SCF
Valued Contributor

After rehab, lenders are only required to remove the default notation, not all of the lates that led up to the default.  Some lenders will remove them, so it doesn't hurt to ask.  You can also try the traditional route of a GW letter to the lender.  Other than that, if the lates are accurate, you just have to keep trying with your GWs.

Message 5 of 6
jcamm

BAM!!!

After 3 attemps i finally got Great Lakes to delete 9  90 days lates from 3 years ago, I have been on time and current since 2011 but the fact I got the lates deleted are awsome. Will I see any score bump from this trying to get to 670  right now stuck in the 630 range. 

Hi James,

Thank you for your recent email and for providing information to substantiate your situation when your delinquencies were reported.

We've looked over everything that we've reported on your account. We are pleased to say that although what we reported was correct, a decision has been made to remove this history from your credit files. We'll be instructing the credit reporting agencies to remove record of your late payments. This will be done electronically within the next five to ten business days. Please note that this isn't a guaranty that correctly reported delinquency can be removed in the future, so if you are ever falling behind in payments, please contact us immediately.

Please let us know if you have further questions.  We want to help you successfully manage your account throughout the term of your loan.

Sincerely,

Donna

Borrower Services Department

Monday - Friday   7 am - 9 pm CST

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.