Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st minor victory on road to recovery

tag
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

1st minor victory on road to recovery

I have been doing a lot of reading and researching for several weeks. Two days ago I wrote my first DV letters to CA, but of course, no results yet.

BUT, today I called OSLA about my student loans. I owe $35K, and have 7 accounts, all have 120 days late, and I just made my first payment. I called and asked for a goodwill to delete the 120 lates. She said they could not do that, she could only give a one-time grace, so she took off the 120 late for 7 accounts, which leaves the 90 lates for 7 accounts.

I don't know how that will affect my score, but I know it is a tiny victory. I plan to write a goodwill letter to the supervisor and ask for removal of all of them sometime in the near future.  What she did mention is that to get them all off I have to get forbearance, or deferment, whichever it is, I mix them up.

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: 1st minor victory on road to recovery

@StartinOver wrote:

I have been doing a lot of reading and researching for several weeks. Two days ago I wrote my first DV letters to CA, but of course, no results yet.

BUT, today I called OSLA about my student loans. I owe $35K, and have 7 accounts, all have 120 days late, and I just made my first payment. I called and asked for a goodwill to delete the 120 lates. She said they could not do that, she could only give a one-time grace, so she took off the 120 late for 7 accounts, which leaves the 90 lates for 7 accounts.

I don't know how that will affect my score, but I know it is a tiny victory. I plan to write a goodwill letter to the supervisor and ask for removal of all of them sometime in the near future.  What she did mention is that to get them all off I have to get forbearance, or deferment, whichever it is, I mix them up.

Did she mention "rehabbing" the loans? Did she use the term rehabilitation?

Message 2 of 3
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Re: 1st minor victory on road to recovery

No, I don't believe she did. Isn't there where you are late a certain amount of months, then you go into a program called rehab? I did not fall into that category, just late and had them spread it out to a longer repayment period with lower payments about 6-8 weeks ago.
4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.