Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 30day late negatives with Nelnet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 30day late negatives with Nelnet

I have 2 late payments on my student loan (about $40k total) from December and January of 2012, other than those 2 months everything is in good standing.  The late months are legitimate, and after speaking with Nelnet apparently there is no fixing this.  What hurts though is this causes 6 negative entries on my credit report.  One loan, six negatives.  How much is this impacting my credit?  And do I have any possible options moving forward?  I'm currently in forebearnce until March of 2015.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: 2 30day late negatives with Nelnet

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 late payments on my student loan (about $40k total) from December and January of 2012, other than those 2 months everything is in good standing.  The late months are legitimate, and after speaking with Nelnet apparently there is no fixing this.  What hurts though is this causes 6 negative entries on my credit report.  One loan, six negatives.  How much is this impacting my credit?  And do I have any possible options moving forward?  I'm currently in forebearnce until March of 2015.  Thanks.

If the lates aren't any more severe than 30day then it is likely having a minimal impact on your FICO score.  Most of the FICO score impact from 30day lates fades after a year or two.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.