cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 loans, 18 accounts on credit report - error?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 loans, 18 accounts on credit report - error?

I am currently paying off two student loans to two different lenders. One loan represents consolidated federal loans, the other is a private loan. For both, multiple accounts with that lender, 18 between the two lenders, appear on my credit report. All of these accounts, except for the two active ones, are marked as closed and are in good standing.

Is this something that I should be concerned about?  I'm not sure what these accounts represent. Let me know if you can shed some light on this!!!

(I know this is probably a stupid question, so thanks in advance for your patience and the responses!)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2 loans, 18 accounts on credit report - error?

The first time I pulled my report, I had a similar story and it freaked me out.  What happens is that, when you consolidate, all the loans from each year/semester are made into one.  My report has like 20 student loans on it, but only one is currently being paid as agreeded, the others are closed in good standing.

It won't matter much to you, other than to increase the AAoA and look good (since they were closed in good standing).

Don't worry about it!

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 loans, 18 accounts on credit report - error?

Thank you so much! I'm so relieved Smiley Happy 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.