Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Day Late Removed from CR!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 60 Day Late Removed from CR!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand the thought process of going through the CRAs when it would fair better to go through the OC. I sent the OC a GW letter and they in return notified the CRAs. Disputing it takes too long and I personally think can lead to it not getting removed.

I had heard just the opposite. That GW letters take months but disputing with CRAs takes days (particularly when it's an entity that can't confirm stuff). Also, OC is Direct Loans which I understand isn't around anymore. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it's different with everyone.

I sent an email to my SL provider and I sent them a letter through the USPS. Within 2 days I received an email back from them saying that they received the email and it was being forwarded to someone higher. The next day I heard back from them saying them would delete one late payment. Later that same day they called me (I missed it) and didn't leave a message so I called back and was told that they called because of my letter. I was then informed that they would delete ALL of the late payments. It took less than a month but all 3 CRAs were notified and the late payments were removed. My lates were valid so a GW letter made sense as opposed to disputing them. Now if the late payment is incorrect I understand disputing it but if it isn't a GW letter seems like the best approach.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to chime into this thread. A while ago I went to apply for an auto loan and was denied. I thought that was crazy considering I'd never missed a single payment in my entire life, but when I grabbed my reports I had 6 late accounts for 120+ (no 30, 60, 90 just 120+) and they were all transferred to a different lender once Direct Loans closed. These 6 lates were tanking my score and I was having a really hard time getting a hold of anyone. These lates were when my loans weren't even in repayment.

Come to find this forum where I read Direct Loans is gone and to dispute directly to the CRAs.

TU removed my 6 lates within 24 hours, score jumped 50 pts

EQ removed the 6 lates within 5 days, score jumped 65 pts

EX was a pain in the ass. They wouldn't verify my reports via the online dispute tool, yet I could pay $1 and have access to their monitoring service for 7 days. I did that and then used the monitoring service to transfer me via phone to dispute the lates. EX took all 30 days for the investigation, but once that was up, all 6 lates removed. Score jumped 65 pts. There is literally no one at Direct Loans to backup their reported information.

I'm now in the 700's, was just approved for top tier auto financing. Dispute this crap through the CRAs but be patient, if they do anything like EX it could take a while but for me it paid off.

Message 13 of 17
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Sweet !   Congrats on your success. The effort definitely paid off Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would ONLY suggest disputing through the CRAs if you're disputing information from an OC that no longer exists. If you're attempting to have late payments removed from your report with a company that still exists and your debt is valid a GW letter is the best approach.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you successfully have 6 months of payments removed from all CRAs with US Dept of Ed Loans? I'm in the same situation.

Thanks!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am waiting for two 60 day lates to drop from my reports this year. My student loans were transfered while in deferment, however the new company did not continue the deferment. The letters they sent went to an old address (prior to even my taking out of the loans) they had from prior loans years before so I never receved them. I only found out when I was denied a new loan distribution. When I contacted the new company they stated they would not remove the lates for the allowed 7 years since they sent letters to the address they had on file and it was my problem. However they did put the loans back into deferment and the subsidized loan had the back interest paid.

Luckily these come off in August, but it was frustrating to say the least.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.