Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 day late - Help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

60 day late - Help please

Hi all,

I have a 60-day late on my recently rehabbed student loan--I know, how could I?  Well, it's because I didn't know that it had finished it's rehab cycle, so I assumed the payments were getting made as they had been for almost a year (the 9-10 months).

Anyway, I've since taken care of it--they applied a temporary forbearance to "catch me up", but the late is showing for May.  This is NOT a good thing for our home loan.

Does anyone have any good "Please remove this 60-day late" letters they would be willing to send me?  Appreciate it!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 60 day late - Help please

Anyone?

Message 2 of 3
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: 60 day late - Help please

Unfortunately, if it is truely a late, you probaly will not be able to have it removed.  From the sounds of it, you were actually supposed to be in repayment.  If it was something that was a mistake on the part of your lender, then you may be able to have it removed, but a 60 day late normally comes with multiple notices that the payment is over due.  Most companies send a notice when the payment is 15 days overdue, then 30days, then 45days, then 60days, so I don't think any type of good will letter will help in this case.  The good news is that your score will start to improve as the late payment is starting to age with on time payments, but this is going to take some time.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.