cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Days Deliquent on Student Loans in 2014- Hurting my score?

tag
Williamscx1
Valued Member

90 Days Deliquent on Student Loans in 2014- Hurting my score?

Before I consolidated my 3 student loans back in 2014, I was behind on payments.

My report is showing all 3 accounts as closed and deliquent 90 days from July 2014.

(The new consolidated loan is in good standing.)

How much is this affecting my score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: 90 Days Deliquent on Student Loans in 2014- Hurting my score?

It’s keeping your scores bogged down some 60-80 points perhaps. Especially if these remain your last baddies on your report. I have a similar situation with 2of my 3reports being hindered by the student loan lates. When the the lates first report?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 90 Days Deliquent on Student Loans in 2014- Hurting my score?

I was in your situation too. I was more than two years late on student loans. I honestly just refused to pay nor did I care about a credit score. When I finally opened my eyes and told myself to start acting like an adult, I changed that. Unfortunately, my score was in the crapper. A nice 420. 

I had to go through the loan rehab program and make nine consecutive on-time payments -- then my loans were transferred to FedLoan. I didn't have any credit cards, so my only option was a secured card. Got one, used it, paid it off, and repeated. 2 years later, my score went from 420 to 720. My student loans won't be paid off anytime soon, but I'm paying them every month and got some big boy credit cards now.

Call whoever is managing your student loan account and get in a rehab program. But do it when you know you can make those payments on-time each month. If you miss a payment, you will have to start over. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.