cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quick question

tag
RoR215

A quick question

I am currently making monthly payments on my student loans. They are not eligible for rehad, as I mesed that up when I was younger. The monthly payments are directly debited from my account, so I am never late, and the funds are always there. My question is, I took a much closer look at my CR last night, and noticed that the loans are showing updated every month as lates. But, they never are late.

They hd told me they couldn't update to pays as agrees as they are in default, but can they continue to update every single month as late? Is there any recourse for this? Any answers would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: A quick question

Do you have a past due balance?  You might have to look at your statement to determine that.  If you were behind and never made enough extra payments to cover the past due amount, accrued interest and any penalties/fees, you would be "late" each month even though you are making your scheduled payment.  If that's not the case, and you did get caught up, ask them what you can do to remove the default status.  Since you are not eligible for rehab, your only option may be to consolidate the loans.

Message 2 of 3
RoR215

Re: A quick question

Ok. I will have to log in to my online account with the loan holder to see. They won't send me monthly statements since it is being directly taken from my account each month. Only ever send me a "Thank you for making your payment" email each month.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.