Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS Education CORP:: Letter of Goodwill contact

tag
russ4690
Established Member

ACS Education CORP:: Letter of Goodwill contact

Does anyone have a good contact for ACS Education CORP that you have sent a letter of goodwill to? I have an account that is 6 1/2 years old with a 60, 90, and then three 120 day lates...  thanks!

Starting Score: EX 603 EQ 635 TU 677
Current Score: EX 720 EQ 735 TU 747
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Re: ACS Education CORP:: Letter of Goodwill contact

You can google you can google their Bleeker street address...list in Utica ny. I sent one last week. I've reD that they are not so easy unfortunately.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

i goodwilled all the way up to their CEO, and they wouldn't remove late payment history that was accurately reported.

i sent them all of the documentation of my rehab, and they didn't care.  

good luck.  

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 3 of 7
Involver
Valued Contributor

You might want to try disputing the account as obsolete through your favorite CRA of choice (in my case, EX) if you want it removed from your reports a little early.

Worst case it falls off in 6 months anyways.

This worked for me with ACS.  They failed to respond within 30 days.  *poof*

Message 4 of 7
russ4690
Established Member

So just an update... I originally disputed the charge with Experian but they came back and validated the account.  I do still have an open dispute with TU, that will hit it's 30 day mark on February 14th, crossing my fingers there.

Yesterday I emailed 3 different execs, and I received this from a para-legal today:

----------

Dear Sir,

My name is XXXX, I am a Paralegal with ACS/Xerox Education Services. Your email addressed to  XXXXX,  was forwarded to me to address the concerns you have raised in the email below.

I have thoroughly reviewed your accounts and the terms of your promissory notes. Unfortunately, ACS is unable to honor the request to remove the  delinquencies that occurred on your account.

I would be happy to provide you a letter advising the account is reflecting paid in full as of May 2008.

As much as we would like to accommodate your request, I regret that in doing so would be unfair to the rest of our customers who must make payments when they are due, or contact our office to request a deferment or forbearance prior to being reported past due. One of ACS’s commitments is to give consistent treatment and service to everyone. While it may seem easy to retract derogatory payment histories, we cannot do it for everyone and still abide by our Regulatory and Contractual commitments. ACS, as the servicer, nor its Board of Directors have the authority to deviate from those regulations. We are contractually obligated to your lender to report accurate information.

Please advise if you would like that for your records. If you have additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

------

So... I still have outstanding emails to two other people, but I'm sure this para-legal updated my account with this note.  I'm not sure what my next approach should be... wait until June when the account's first late payment occured, ask the CA to remove early (if that ever happens), or try to log some formal complaint via the BBB as I didn't know I was liable for this account until the lates had already occured.

Starting Score: EX 603 EQ 635 TU 677
Current Score: EX 720 EQ 735 TU 747
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
SCF
Valued Contributor

If they're due to come off in June anyway, I would just wait and focus your energy on improving your credit in other ways.  If the lates are accurate, then ACS doesn't have to remove them, even if you file a complaint with the BBB or other agency.  As the borrower, it is your responsibility to stay on top of your loans and keep your servicer updated with your current contact information.  The good news is that you'll have those lates gone soon and be on the right track to building a strong credit profile in the meantime.

Message 6 of 7
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

@russ4690 wrote:

So just an update... I originally disputed the charge with Experian but they came back and validated the account.  I do still have an open dispute with TU, that will hit it's 30 day mark on February 14th, crossing my fingers there.

Yesterday I emailed 3 different execs, and I received this from a para-legal today:

----------

Dear Sir,

My name is XXXX, I am a Paralegal with ACS/Xerox Education Services. Your email addressed to  XXXXX,  was forwarded to me to address the concerns you have raised in the email below.

I have thoroughly reviewed your accounts and the terms of your promissory notes. Unfortunately, ACS is unable to honor the request to remove the  delinquencies that occurred on your account.

I would be happy to provide you a letter advising the account is reflecting paid in full as of May 2008.

As much as we would like to accommodate your request, I regret that in doing so would be unfair to the rest of our customers who must make payments when they are due, or contact our office to request a deferment or forbearance prior to being reported past due. One of ACS’s commitments is to give consistent treatment and service to everyone. While it may seem easy to retract derogatory payment histories, we cannot do it for everyone and still abide by our Regulatory and Contractual commitments. ACS, as the servicer, nor its Board of Directors have the authority to deviate from those regulations. We are contractually obligated to your lender to report accurate information.

Please advise if you would like that for your records. If you have additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

------

So... I still have outstanding emails to two other people, but I'm sure this para-legal updated my account with this note.  I'm not sure what my next approach should be... wait until June when the account's first late payment occured, ask the CA to remove early (if that ever happens), or try to log some formal complaint via the BBB as I didn't know I was liable for this account until the lates had already occured.

I goodwilled up to Xerox's/ACS's CEO, and got referred down to a paralegal as well.

That paralegal's name started with a "J", and the message I got was VERBATIM to the one you posted.  

The paralegal was granite, and categorically refused to remove any accurately-reporting late charges.  All I could get them to do was remove the "claim filed with government" they were reporting to paid in full with a zero balance, and they only did that after I sent in copies of my rehab agreement with the collection agency I worked with.  The late payments won't go away. 

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.