Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS GW late while in deferrment?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

ACS GW late while in deferrment?

I want to GW some late payments on 2 ACS tl's (lates at same time, I didn't realize a deferrment had come up, my address wasn't changed etc).  I fell 60days past due before I realized. This was in June 2011.  However I started college classes again Sept 2011 so I am back in deferrment.

Do I stand a chance of GW acceptance while in deferrment?   Didn't know if that mattered or not.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ACS GW late while in deferrment?

I can't speak for SLs, but I know you have a 100% chance of failure if no GWs are sent. I'd send them. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I can't speak for SLs, but I know you have a 100% chance of failure if no GWs are sent. I'd send them. Good luck!

Very true llecs, thank you for that reminder :-)

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 3 of 5
sizsl
New Visitor

I had the same thing happen to me.  I just received a letter back (took less than 2 weeks) stating they never remove anything from credit reports.  True heroes.  What's next?

Message 4 of 5
SCF
Valued Contributor

@sizsl wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me.  I just received a letter back (took less than 2 weeks) stating they never remove anything from credit reports.  True heroes.  What's next?

You can keep trying, or just wait for the negative information to age off your report.  Unless the information is factually incorrect, they don't have to remove it, and GWs are definitely hit and miss with most lenders.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.