Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS question - What should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ACS question - What should I do?

I had two periods each of several months' time of lates on my ACS-serviced student loans...one period from September 2007 to March 2008, and one from July 2008 to November 2008.  I've been current since then.  They never went to deliquency.

I figured that these were untouchable because of their recency, their open status, and because they're student loans but figured I had nothing to lose.  I GWed them and got a response not 36 hours later to remove the lates from the last 12 months, ie, back to May 2008.  This would totally take care of the second period but unfortunately not the first.

I honestly didn't expect ANY response, and am tickled that I got this much, especially with so little effort!  I haven't replied yet because I'm not sure if I should take this goodwill offer and run, or if I should look the gift horse in the mouth and say, "How about all of them?" or "How about 18 months instead of 12?" or "What would I have to do to get all of them deleted...can we review in X months if I stay current?"

What advice do you guys have for me?  I'm honestly tickled, but I don't want to miss out on an opportunity.   I also don't want to lose out on what I was already offered.

Message 1 of 130
129 REPLIES 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ACS question - What should I do?

Is this going through the person I referred you to? If so, I'd tell her that you REALLY appreciate her doing that, but could she pretty, pretty, pretty please remove the lates up to Jan '08. That's only asking for about 3 more lates removed -- and not *too* much to ask, I think.

Make sure to re-emphasize *why* they should be so generous and apologize for any inconvenience your past history has caused them. And also make sure to let them know that you really do appreciate the response and professionalism of ACS, as well.

Worked for us. Turned a REALLY bad situation into one we were REALLY happy with. Now, sending in our payment doesn't hurt so much (emotionally or financially)!! Smiley Happy

Best of luck to you!! Yay!!! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, same person - -I can't thank you enough!

I'll call her tomrorow and try it.

Message 3 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this going through the person I referred you to? If so, I'd tell her that you REALLY appreciate her doing that, but could she pretty, pretty, pretty please remove the lates up to Jan '08. That's only asking for about 3 more lates removed -- and not *too* much to ask, I think.

Make sure to re-emphasize *why* they should be so generous and apologize for any inconvenience your past history has caused them. And also make sure to let them know that you really do appreciate the response and professionalism of ACS, as well.

Worked for us. Turned a REALLY bad situation into one we were REALLY happy with. Now, sending in our payment doesn't hurt so much (emotionally or financially)!! Smiley Happy

Best of luck to you!! Yay!!! Smiley Happy

Is there any way you could pm me this contact information? I have tried 14 separate GW letters to ACS and having no luck at all - it's only two lates from 15 months ago but it would help so much to get those taken off.

I would really appreciate it 

Message 4 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any way you could pm me this contact information?

Done and done! Smiley Wink

No appreciation needed! Just remember to post a thread if you're successful. There's enough people out there who think that student loans GWing is impossible -- so they could really use the hope, yannow?

And just remember to pass the FICO love on! Smiley Happy

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any way you could pm me this contact information?

Done and done! Smiley Wink

No appreciation needed! Just remember to post a thread if you're successful. There's enough people out there who think that student loans GWing is impossible -- so they could really use the hope, yannow?

And just remember to pass the FICO love on! Smiley Happy

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

Well I appreciae it anyway so Smiley Tongue

I just sent an email to the contact you gave me (from my husbands email account, of course, since it is his loan)

The email I sent was as follows:

I located your name and email address on the Internet when I was searching for the name of someone at ACS who I could contact in regard to my student loan.  As part of the Resolution Management Group I am hoping that you may be able to assist me.

My account number is xxxxxxxx and I have held this loan with ACS for some time now.

Back in September of 2007 and January of 2008 I was late in making payments to your company due to an extreme personal situation.  I had just started my first job out of nursing school which meant relocating to Dallas.  At that time all of my calculations for budget were based on two things:

1) I was able to obtain 2 guaranteed shifts per month of overtime.  I was assured that this was the minimum that would be required of me.  Unfortunately in September when I started at my job I was told that overtime was no longer available and that if I requested it then my position in the hospital would be terminated.  Having no job would be far more of a hardship than not getting overtime and besides that money was meant to be a "bonus" on top of what I needed to live because

2) I would have a roommate in the house that I was renting - my roommate did indeed move in in September of 2007 and stayed until December of the same year.  Unfortunately he did not pay me any rent during this time and would lock himself in his room only coming out when I was at work so that I could not evict him.  During this time I had to pay the full amount of rent so that I would not be evicted and could keep a roof over my head. 

I should have, at this juncture, applied for a suspension of my payments but to be honest with the combination of the move and the lack of money coming in and doing everything I could (including working a second part time job) just to keep a roof over my head and electricity to the house it was the last thing on my mind. Unfortunately I had not changed the address that the statement was sent to and by the time I was in a position to pay the September 2007 payment I was already overdue.  In January of 2008 I was unable to get any additional part time work and was waiting for my girlfriend to arrive to live with me so that would have an additional source of income to ensure that all of my monthly commitments could be met.  I literally had not a penny to my name that month and I struggled to even eat - ACS was one of the companies who I had to let down and for that I am truly sorry.

I have since then managed to make at least the minimum payment each month and my (now) wife and I are trying to make more than the minimum payments right now so that we can reduce the debt and the term of the loan.  We are in the process of trying to purchase a house for our (soon to be) growing family and I am hoping that you may be able to assist me in getting these lates removed from my history.

As you know the credit market is very wary at the moment and although these are anomalies on my report they are still weighing heavily on my credit score.  I want to do the best by my wife, family, myself and the creditors who I already work with.  ACS has been wonderfully helpful in the past, the CSRs are always a pleasure to talk to and any and all information I have requested has always been quickly delivered.  I hope that you can find it in your heart to, as a gesture, of goodwill remove these items from my history that is sent to each of the Credit Reporting Agency so that I may continue to be an excellent client of an even more excellent company.

Thank you for your time in reading this and for any help that you may be able to provide.

Regards

Adam D

Will let y'all know if it works! Here's hoping 

Message 6 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I sent the email in the early hours of this morning and I got this reply

Mr. Dxxxxn,
I will look into this and see what I can do to assist. At this time I can not make any promises but I will be in touch Monday or Tuesday.
Thank you

(Fingers crossed)

Message 7 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay

2 60 day lates deleted from DHs credit report (email from ACS)

In light of your recent payment history, I have submitted a request to the three Nation Credit Bureaus to remove the derogatory information reported on your student loan account. Please let this email serve as verification until the bureaus have updated their records. Industry Standards allow 45-60 days for the corrections to occur.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.  

Message 8 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could somebody please PM me the contact info as well?  I have some lates from ACS that are currently killing me. 

Thanks so much in advance!

Message 9 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could somebody please PM me the contact info as well? 

I would really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot!

Message 10 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.