Re: ACS question - What should I do?

oops! thanks :-)
Message 21 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a reply back from them:

Dear XXXXXX:

I have verified that your Express Payment in the amount of $XX.XXX was applied to your account last night.  Also, I have verified that we have received your electronic ACH application.  With that information in hand, I have  reviewed your account with XXXXXX University and they have agreed to a one-time correction to your credit reporting.

Corrections are reported at the end of each month electronically.  Therefore, this information will be reported to the credit bureau at the end of June and generally takes 10-15 days to update based on their processing schedules.  I would recommend verifying the correction in mid-July.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

----------------------

That was a close one.

My scores were inches away from 800 so this one blemish cost me over 100 points on Equifax (TU didn't catch it for some reason). But it had only been a few days since the late was reported. So I recommend addressing your mistakes QUICKLY. Also, show that you've taken steps to make sure the problem won't happen again. I brought the account current, and signed up for ACH drafting before I even wrote them the letter, and mentioned that in the letter.

I contacted the person recommended, and they referred me to someone else who took care of it within 48 hours. So I guess we know of two saints within the organization now. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Message Edited by analog2digital on 06-10-2009 08:32 AM
Message 22 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This is turing into the ACS love thread. It helps to talk to people at ACS who actually care about us.

Message Edited by hammer192 on 06-10-2009 07:52 AM
Message 23 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Im new here so excuse me if I dont know the lingo. I have been having the worst luck with my credit (Ultimately my own fault..i know) so Im glad I found this paticular thread because I really really need my late history removed as it is causing my FICO to be under 600 so I cant buy a house...or anything else for that matter. I would soooo apperciate if I could get the contact info that has helped so many of you with your ACS issue. Please.

Message 24 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone PM me the contact for ACS....pretty please.

Message 25 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if I'm too late for this thread, but I have a similar situation and would really appreciate it if someone could PM me the contact information of these helpful ACS employees as well. I have definitely had the run-around from customer service and the situation was generally hopeless before I found this thread.

Also if anyone has any other thoughts, would love to hear them. Situation as follows:

A few months before the repayment period started for my Perkins Loan, ACS sent notification to my parent's house which I never received or heard about as I assume my parents thought it was junk mail. They never sent an email or made a phone call to inform me. So when repayment started I had no idea I should be paying. By the time I realized what was going on I had a 30 and a 60 day late on my tradeline. And what's worse is that these were for $40 monthly payments. Have since put it on automatic payment and have paid for 8 months.

Have had 2 rounds of unsuccessful attempts with customer service to get the issue resolved (both noted on my account I'm sure). They've defended this by saying that in the prom note I agreed to update them with my address. Also they have said that even if they wanted to, they couldn't correct the report as that would be dishonest and would get them into trouble. This is the only blemish on my credit report and I estimate it's affecting my by 80 points or so.

I would be open to repaying the loan in full if I could get it removed from my account. My read of the HEA is that only information of loans that have not been repaid are required to be sent to the CRAs (430A-a). Obviously ideal would be to have my tradeline corrected with the loan still appearing, but my history is long and full enough that I don't believe this is adding any incremental benefit. Also not sure what in the HEA allows for GW'ing as has been suggested in so many other posts. Is it 430A-c1 stating that no information should be disclosed unless it is accurate and fulfills the purpose of the bill? (seeing as though it doesn't state that account information must be reported). Can't find anything else that states that reporting derogatory information to the CRAs is at the discretion of the lender/servicer. Also if, as 430A-a states, the purpose of the bill is "promoting responsible repayment of loans covered by Federal loan insurance", I can hardly imagine dinging my credit by 80 points for 2 missed $40 payments I didn't even know about accomplishes this purpose. Or would there be anything in the FCRA that might help?

Bottom line is that my credit is being seriously affected by something I deem to be minor in nature and not reflective of my ability to repay future creditors. This is particularly meaningful for me as my wife and I are trying to secure a mortgage in the upcoming months. I assume GW is my only option, but at this point think that it's a viable one if I can just talk to the right person.

Much thanks in advance for anyone's input.

Message 26 of 130
aggieguy
New Contributor

Would someone PM me the contact information as well? I've tried and tried with no success. It's nice to know that someone at ACS has a heart (and a brain for that matter…)

My Wallet: Discover $1500, CapitalOne Green $1500, Amex Zync NPSL, CU of TX $3000, Amazon Store $1000, Barclay Apple $1300

Chopping block: CreditOne $600, BestBuy $600, CapitalOne $500, CapitalOne $500
Message 27 of 130
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

OK, I am new around here and have to stop and look up all acronyms Smiley Happy.  So, I looked up ACS on the iternet and assume that is the creditor that people on this thread are paying for student loans.

Does anyone have a good contact that I could use at Oklahoma Student Loans? And if I don't plan to do auto-pay, should I wait a few months until I have proven to them I will pay before I send a letter?

I have just had my first 120 late, and called today to extend to 25 years to reduce payments. I have yet to pay my first payment, should I wait until I have paid a certain amount of payments?

Anyone have a good contact for me at OSLA that I can use? Thanks!

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 28 of 130
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty desperate to get these lates off. Does anyone know of a contact for OSLA? Or know of someone that might know of someone?  I want to get a house in the spring, and my only hope is to get these cleared up. I would appreciate ANY help. TIA.
4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 29 of 130
MonkeyMan17
New Contributor

I would also like contact info for ACS. Please PM me!!!!!
Message 30 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.