st789
New Contributor

Re: ACS question - What should I do?

bump, please somebody PM me the info. 

Message 111 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone PM me the contact info as well? Please please please~~~~? 

Message 112 of 130
gabbismommy01
Valued Member

If anyone is able to get the contact info, please please pm it to me as well! Thanks!!

Message 113 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please e-mail me with this info as well.  I have 2 lates and this brought my score down by almost 100 points!  Thanks in advance!

Message 114 of 130
MetalguitarJames
Valued Member

Good Luck to anyone that actually receives a PM with a good contact. ACS is a pain to deal with. I have tried multiple avenues of getting my lates removed and they just plain refuse to do so. I have to wait out the 7 - 8 years after DOD. 

If someone happens to do so, let Ripley's know about it.

Message 115 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really need some help with ACS. Can someone please PM me the contact information that you have for them? I have tried phone calls, emails, and mail to their physical address. I keep getting denied. My account was paid in full via consolidation, and the lates that are reported are because they refused to work with me to set up IBR or allow deferment. It's preventing me from getting approved for a mortgage....

Thanks in advance

Message 116 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone PM me the contact for ACS.... please.
Message 117 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way for us all to formally organize and reach out to ACS and request an open dialogue about this issue of Good Will. 

I think we would have a stronger impact on them if we all signed a petition, or emailed/called/faxed/mailed them all at once.

They would have to engage us and formally make a way to do this. 

I think it's wrong that ACS and other student loan companies have made it dificult for students to not fix this issue. I am grateful for them giving us the loan in the first place but we've all made some minor mistakes and fixed them and it's fair to ask them to remove these issues so we can move on in life. 

Does anyone want to take the lead on this and see how they could setup a way for us to have a proper way to engage ACS instead of all this PM, random mailing and phonecalling different people at this organization.

Message 118 of 130
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

Class Action Lawsuit - ACS

This from another legal site (not credit repair, simply lawsuits and settlements)

While some students may be able to take advantage of federal education loans to pay for college—such as Perkins loans or Stafford loans—many students turn to private education loan companies in order to finance their education. Some student loan lenders and servicers, including NextStudent and ACS, face allegations of denying loan payments or claiming payments were not made even though customers have records of those payments; not issuing adequate student loan statements; charging multiple late fees even though the payment has been processed; and retroactively assigning interest to payments that were allegedly missed, some a few years before.

At least one student loan class action lawsuit (case number 1:2012cv06583; Brietman v. Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. et al) has been filed against both Affiliated Computer Services (ACS), a student loan servicing company, and NextStudent which is a student loan lender, as well as US Bank, alleging they aimed to keep borrowers trapped in student loan debt. The plaintiff alleges she tried to make extra payments to pay down her principal balance, but those payments were redirected to cover interest and regular monthly charges.

Meanwhile, a student loan second lawsuit filed against ACS by Joshua G. Fensterstock—also alleging extra payments were put towards interest and not the principal balance—was reportedly sent to arbitration by the judge.

There is also a lawfirm investigating ACS for wrongful application of payments, illegal consolidation of student loans, usurious interest rates, and more.  I would encourage everyone who has problems with this company to reach out to the lawfirm (Google is your friend here).

My lengthy issue with ACS and student loans in general is too arduous for this forum (and I don't have enough blood pressure meds to stop me from having a stroke!!).  Suffice to say::

Original loan amount:  $22,000 (1993; 9.2% interest)

Total owed now:  $175,000 (2015)

Reason?

I deferred while in school, deferred while unemployed, raised my son on my own with limited child support, took care of my elderly parents AND  ... oops, there goes my BP!  Smiley Mad

When I requested an IBR from ACS, I was denied 3x by the customer service rep in 2012, and 5x this year due to "document issues" ... escalated to manager who then told me which boxes to fill out and what to put down ... I FAXED that to her, she then sent me a copy of SOMEONE ELSE's documents (guy named Jason)....

BTW, if you are wondering if I ever paid anything?

For 5 years, I paid $950 a month + to pay down the loans and ... all of that was applied to interest, NONE to principal.

And none of that was tax deductible because I "made too much money" ...Smiley Sad

(LAST:  IF MY COPY/PASTE FROM ANOTHER SITE IS NOT APPROPRIATE, PLEASE REMOVE - I APOLOGIZE)

Message 119 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I'm trying to buy a small home where I have finally found my dream job and two ACS late payments are preventing me from that! I never meant to be late but they had the wrong address and repayment came up way too soo after I left school-like less than six months. I've sent letter after letter, but to no avail. Cans somebody PLEASE PM me a good contact to send my letter to??? PLEASE! :-)

Message 120 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.