Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES GW any success?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AES GW any success?

I sent AES a fax and am going to mail and email the same letter.  I have asked before, and they have said no but I didn't go into specifics last time.  There are some negetive marks from early 2010, which are my fault I'm not asking them to remove them.  However in december 2010 I contacted them b/c of medical problems I wasn't able to maintain paymnet.  I was told I could get a deferment and they would send the papers.  I had to follow up 2 more times to get the paperwork and was told it could be backdated, but they have refused to fix my credit.  If they had got me the paperwork when they said they were going to this wouldn't be an issue.  It was right before I started to fix my credit hardcore and the most recent late payments.  Maybe if I just keep sending and annoying them?  Anyone have any other suggestions??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: AES GW any success?

Nope. I attacked AES for over a year with GW letters and calls, but I never have any luck Smiley Sad

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 8
dmbtay
Regular Contributor

@MBOhio2 wrote:

Nope. I attacked AES for over a year with GW letters and calls, but I never have any luck Smiley Sad

I've sent generic, and they have always verified the 60 days late.  I only had 2 months 5 years ago that were 60 days late.  ugh!

Message 3 of 8
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

I cant get them to budge either...  :/

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me either- they won't help anyone.  Biggest mistake I ever made, going with them.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

AES is the worst! My next plan of attack is a letter going out in the mail tomorrow indicating other student loan companies who have forgiven late payments for their customers, and that I would rather pay all of this interest to a company who is willing to work with me, and not against me. There are lenders out there that you could potentially re-finance with who would offer a better interest rate, and be more helpful when you have a good faith request such as a measly late payment. Seriously! Everyone makes a slip up here, and there...it's really not a big deal to remove a couple negative marks. They should be ashamed of themselves...they probably pray on the fact that you'll just give up, but don't! Keep your next GW letter ready for when 45 days comes around, and you haven't heard anything, or you get some basic form letter sent to you. Ridiculous!

Message 6 of 8
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

They have love for nothing but their bottom line.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a GW letter to AES on July 25, 2014, and recieved an email confirming receipt of my letter, and that they will respond accordingly. I requested that a 30-day late be removed. Should be simple enough, right?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.