Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES and ACS Studen Loan Help!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AES and ACS Studen Loan Help!!!!

Smiley Mad

Hello All!  I have recently joined the forum to get assistance with turning my credit around. I recently applied for a Barclays Apple credit card and to my surprise I was actually approved for $2000 which is my highest card.  It got me motivated to check my score and there are still major issues.

My first issue is with AES!  I called and requested a forbearance and heard nothing from them like usual and then a couple months later I decided to check my score to see I had been reported 150 days late!  This KILLED my score.  They were not sending bills or anything!  Long story short I hate them!  I can move forward and be better in the future but its really killing my score.  Does anyone has ANY information you can provide?  I have not tried Goodwill letters as of yet.  Ive read they don't work with them but I'm going to try. Can someone PM me any contact information.  Also if I join a rehabilitation program will they remove it?

I also have issues with ACS but just on 30 day late.  Can anyone provide contact information?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AES and ACS Studen Loan Help!!!!

I'm also a customer of AES. You really have to get on them and stay on them, as I feel they don't always know what's going on.
I was recently discharged from bankruptcy, and I'm trying to get my loans back on track. I have called numerous times, emailed even more times and I still can't find any information. But I'm not gonna quit calling them and emailing them and being a pain in their side. Maybe some day I will find someone who can give me a real answer, instead of "oh call this number, they'll know". haha Smiley Surprised

I'll PM you the numbers and emails I've been trying. Maybe you'll have better luck!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your experience and needless to say mines was the same asked for forbearance and then suddenly communication stopped I hopped right on them but not before they were able to hit me with 21 30 day late pays, since my loans were split with 21 accounts. I'm still battling those even though I have proof I sent the forbearance request online and didn't have to mail anything.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and check to see if you have fed backed loans with AES and ACS not private loans...Do what I did after they pulled that 30 day late stunt. I refinanced them into two loans with the fed.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure about late payments, but they do have a loan rehabilitation program that will remove defaulted loans from your credit report after making 10 monthly payment on time
Message 5 of 12
Washin17
Regular Contributor

Oh please PM me this information!!!!

Starting Score: 530EQ, 531TU, 514EX (0/2016)
Current Score: 686EQ, 710TU, 686EX (03/2017)
Goal Score: 750+ (01/2018)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
Washin17
Regular Contributor

Im prety sure these are all fed loans.  I mean I used fasa to get them some unsub and some sub

Message 7 of 12
Washin17
Regular Contributor

This is great news!  But what if they are in good standing now because Im in school I dont have to pay anything right now.  Will they do the program and remove lates at this point?

Message 8 of 12
SCF
Valued Contributor

Rehabilitation is only an option for loans that are currently in default, so if you're loans are in good standing it is not an option for you.  In terms of removing past lates, if they are accurate, you'll need to rely on goodwill letters.

Message 9 of 12
dt3813
Regular Contributor

@iamletired  I too had AES and they couldn't help me after my chapter 13.... fast forward 6 months.... ALERT on credit report $75,000 in collections (2 @ $37,000+).  I guess that is why AES couldn't help me.  So just beware! I had my scores around 700 and that caused them to plummet. 

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.