Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES student loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AES student loan

I have Student loan 2K wich has been sold/transferred and even though I'm repaying it now after going through a rehab program from AES current owed is ~1800. AES still has the other account listed with 30/60/90/120 lates on my report. Not sure how to get rid of those as I'm paying it back now and there's two trade lines listed?

AES/ EFR 1(closed - transferred) which has all the lates and AES/BARCLAY which is the current student loan. Addresses and phone numbers on both TL's are the same. Wish I could get that removed.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: AES student loan

It sounds like the tradeline with the negatives is from before your rehab.  What is the status on that tradeline?  As long as it doesn't have any remarks indicating that you defaulted, it sounds like it is reporting correctly.  The new tradeline is one of the benefits of your rehab, it should be back-dated to the original open date of your loan and is having a positive effect on your score.

You can try goodwill letters to remove the lates, but AES is not required to remove them.

Message 2 of 3
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Re: AES student loan

+1

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.