Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AES

tag
Bill2265
Valued Member

AES

Anybody had their rehabbed loans picked up by AES?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dta
New Contributor

Re: AES

My rehabbed loans were picked up by AES (via Suntrust) last August. Decent website and no issues but I've had no difficulty making the payments.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 2 of 5
Bill2265
Valued Member

That's good to hear thanks! Did they backdate the new loan to the date the original was opened and show OK payments during that time on your credit report? Any problems getting them to fix your credit baddies?

Message 3 of 5
dta
New Contributor

@Bill2265 wrote:
That's good to hear thanks! Did they backdate the new loan to the date the original was opened and show OK payments during that time on your credit report? Any problems getting them to fix your credit baddies?

Yes, backdated to original loan disbursement, but not the full history of payments. Just for the time after Suntrust bought them. My collection record and preceding delinquency was removed when I rehabbed so I did not need to contact AES/Suntrust to do that.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 4 of 5
EasyEasyE

The bad: I'm working on this now. I was originally told that if I made a payment of $500 it would prevent a 'collection' from being put on my credit report. Literally less than a week later it showed up! lol.

Nonetheless, I didn't pay anything for like 5 months because I was so tilted by the situation.

The good: After that time was up I decided to pick up the phone and give them a call and let them know I want to start paying these again, but I need the collection removed. I went through several CSR reps before getting ahold of somebody who understood what I was trying to do (other CSRs were just trying to get payment). A couple forms later. I'm now set and I'm on the rehab program. I've only been on it for four months or so. I believe it's after six months or so they send you additional information and then a few months after the debt is settled they end up removing it.

So to answer your question -- Yes, I'm on the rehab program now, but I'm to early in the stages to know if it actually works yet!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.