Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Recovery Solutions Settlement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Recovery Solutions Settlement

I agreed to settle a charged-off Sallie Mae loan in 1 payment for about a quarter of the total debt. I got the settlement offer in writing via pdf, but then also received a letter in the mail detailing my "post-dated payment on the account" This letter makes no mention of the payment being for full settlement, so I am wondering if they are trying to get me into making this a payment not a settlement. 

Can they do this if i have a settlement offer dated the same date as that letter?

Also, I asked for a receipt of this payment and was told I could request that in 30 days. Is it a coincidence that the letter which was mailed to me states I have 30 days to dispute the validity of this debt, etc.? 

What can happen to me considering this is a charged-off debt? I have called a couple of times to confirm the payment went through and my account will be settled and they all sound very reassuring about the situation.

Please help.

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Account Recovery Solutions Settlement

Have you asked them specifically about the second letter?  You say that it is dated the same as your settlement offer.  Does that mean it was sent before you actually made the payment?  If so, it might have been an automated notice.  I would ask them to provide you with written documentation that the debt is settled per the terms of the offer you received.

Since you've paid the debt, you don't really have grounds to dispute the validity of the debt anyway.  I doubt the CA can say that you only have 30 days to dispute the application of the payment, or somehow nullify the settlement offer they made with another notice that did not explicitly rescind it before you made payment.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Recovery Solutions Settlement

Yea the letter that was mailed to me just said "; please be aware your payment of 6700 is post dated for XX date. on the next line, there was a message that read "we encourage you to call prior to making a payment intended to pay your account in full." It sounded sketchy because the 6700 IS intended to do that.

I asked them about this letter and they dismissed it and didn't have a reason for it, just said "no all these calls are recorded no one is going to just lie to you about it."  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.