Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active student loan removed from Equifax

tag
livingfree
New Contributor

Active student loan removed from Equifax

My active Navient student loan account was removed from my Equifax report. The account was opened in 2006 and I still owe a significant amount. I have never been late on the account. I did not solict a removal or anything with this account. Do I need to contact Equifax or my loan servicer. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

5/13/13 EQ 636 (Myfico), TU 660 lender pull , EX 640 lender pull
Barclay Rewards MC $2300, Cap One $750, Walmart $800, Macys $2000, Lane Bryant $600.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Active student loan removed from Equifax

I would start by contacting Navient.  You may need to provide them with a copy of your report (even better if you have an older report + a current report to clearly show the change).  I wonder if they just had some sort of hiccup with their reporting to Equifax?  I don't think that this would be a CRA issue, it's likely that Navient reported it should be removed (even if accidentally).

Message 2 of 5
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

I also notice my active student loan from Dept of Ed/Navient is also gone from my equifax report and on transunion/experian they stop reporting since 2015

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 3 of 5
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Why do you want them on there? Isn't it more beneficial to not have it on there?
4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartinOver wrote:
Why do you want them on there? Isn't it more beneficial to not have it on there?

An installment loan with 100% on time payment status is beneficial to have on your reports. Student loans are usually open for very long periods of times, so like mortgages, they are great for creating an incredibly long age of active accounts. Shows positive payment history as well; and it adds to credit mix.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.