Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on 60 Days Late Mark?

tag
lkfondar
New Visitor

Advice on 60 Days Late Mark?

Having graduated college about a year back, I've been trying to keep all my finances straight while getting on my feet. I graduated in May 2012, which means my student loans came out of deferrence on November 2012. I was aware of all but one account. I thought all my loans had been sold to Greak Lakes, but one remained with CFI. I didn't realize CFI even did loans, I just remember going on there for applying to colleges and my SAT, so it never occured to me to get on and update my contact info. Anyways, turns out after finally understanding I had a loan with them, I was 60 days late with my payments. They offered me a forebearance and I accepted, and have been paying on-time since. However, I still have a 60 days late notice on my credit report. My account went back into good standing though, which bumped my score from 583 to 632, but something tells me that '60 day late' mark is still really hurting my score. And, since I'm going to be applying for an auto loan in the near future (current car is at 280,000 miles...), I'd prefer not to have a really high interest rate. Given my situation, do you think emailing them a GW letter will help? It really was an honest mistake. All my other loan payments have been paid on time. I'm just not sure what to do. Any input?

Also, who should I email to do this? The CEO or someone else?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on 60 Days Late Mark?

Sending a GW never hurts, and you've been on-time since...I would mail one, if it was me. CEO would be fine, if you can find contact info.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.