Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Rehabbed with ACT?

tag
martinsoka17
Contributor

Anybody Rehabbed with ACT?

I make my last rehab payment next month, and I'm just curious as to if anyone who has rehabbed their federal student loans with ACT and what they did as far as clearing up tradelines, ect. I've been browsing the student loan forums for a bit, but I haven't seen anything specifically mention ACT and rehabbing with them.

Starting Score: 523

Current Scores: EQ: 705 TU: 757 EX: 764

Goal Scores: 800 across the board

in the garden until 2019!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anybody Rehabbed with ACT?

Hi Martin:

I rehabbed with them up until January this year and it was a very easy and painless process.

After my 9th payment, they sent me a letter about a week or so after saying my loans were picked up. 

I called them and they said they would delete their tradelines within 30 days, but if I wanted to speed up the process, I can just go online and dispute with all three CRAs and that they wouldn't validate it. So, after I hung up, I did just that--within 4 days, all three CRAs e-mailed me my results and said all TLs were deleted. 

Message 2 of 5
martinsoka17
Contributor

Hi Jon,

Thank you so much for your reply! That's good to know to dispute. I'm also wondering after their tradelines were deleted if your lates on your old pre-rehab tradelines are still there? Since Direct Loans was the servicer for my loans, I'm not sure who I would GW to in order to try and get those removed.

Message 3 of 5
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

In my case, I didn't have any tradelines from ACT.... all my defaulted tradelines were from Direct Loans/US Dept of Ed, and ACT was just collecting on their behalf, but not reporting.

After rehab, I disputed the direct loans tradelines and they were all deleted. 

Message 4 of 5
martinsoka17
Contributor

I made my final payment on April 20th. I called them last week to make sure everything was good and the rep I spoke with told me I had been picked up by Sallie Mae, and I would need to contact them since I was no longer in ACT's system (yay!). I did ask her (this being the third rep at ACT I've asked this question to) what exact verbiage would be removed on my CR, and she told me (just as the others had) that ALL negative remarks would come off and be replaced by the three new, clean TLs dating back to 2009 when I first took out the loans.

Low and behold, Sallie Mae sends me an email saying Welcome! and advises me to set up online access and that they will be sending me more information in the mail. As of yesterday I haven't gotten anything in the mail, but I did set my account up online and all three of my loans are on there. When I was rehabbing with ACT, my balance included some $4,000 in collection fees that did nt carry over on my loans...but what I was paying during rehab went towards the collection fees. Which means I haven't paid down any of my SL. Kind of obnoxious, but I guess I'll take it.

So now I'm just waiting on the letter stating I have successfully completed my rehab, information from Sallie Mae, and those updates on my TL to started happening. In a perfect world, it would be great to see them change like...tomorrow, since I'll be applying for an apartment in the next couple weeks, but I know it can take anywhere from 30-90 days.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.