Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Consolidated Recently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Consolidated Recently?

No I consolidated approximately 5 years ago with Sallie Mae. The process was quick and painless. I did have some loans with them but I had the majority with other lenders. It made life much simpler and seems to make the credit report look a little more streamlined. Same debt though, just make sure the rate offered is fair and considers all of your interest rates individually. You may have 3% and the consolidation could be at 5% for example.
Message 11 of 13
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No I consolidated approximately 5 years ago with Sallie Mae. The process was quick and painless. I did have some loans with them but I had the majority with other lenders. It made life much simpler and seems to make the credit report look a little more streamlined. Same debt though, just make sure the rate offered is fair and considers all of your interest rates individually. You may have 3% and the consolidation could be at 5% for example.

Were these privates or federalloans??
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 12 of 13
SCF
Valued Contributor

I just noticed that Wells Fargo is advertising private SL consolidations on their front page now as well, so that may be another option for you if you have private loans.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.