Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had success with employer repaying student loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone had success with employer repaying student loan

I work for a fortune 500 company that offers Tuition Reimbursement as a benefit.  However, there is no formal repayment assistance program for those that have already completed their degree.  I'm a middle level manager who is considered a high potential and plan to ask the head of the organization development department if they would consider a repayment "bonus".  Has anyone tried this and been successful? If so what tactic did you use. Any insight is welcomed.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone had success with employer repaying student loan

Considering the amount of student loan debt graduates are shouldering coupled with the rising cost of tuition - you would think companies would be jumping on board and using this benefit as a recruitment strategy.  From my understanding, some states are attempting to pass legislation to offer companies tax incentitives for assisting employees with student loan repayment.  Conversely, you would also hope these laws address the tax liability associated with such a benefit. 

I myself am actually considering trainsitioning into a public service role to take advantage of the existing loan forgiveness program.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.