Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have luck GWing AES??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone have luck GWing AES??

BooBee:

What was the outcome of your problem with AES and being 120 late...were you able to repay them the back payments?  we're in the same boat...and they're threatening default which we can start making the payments of $577 a month just so we never get beyond the 120 late count but i thought we could not be considered in default until we're 270 days late....that's what stated all throughout the net!

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has a number of loans from AES that were consolidated, and some that are currently being rehabilitated (maybe the consolidation loan?  I don't know, and I don't think she does either).  Apparently, it's slightly easier to GW closed SLs, so I plan to write to this guy in the next few days:

Mr. EDITED

Assistant Vice President Guarantor/Insurer Relations

AES/PHEAA

1200 North 7th Street

Harrisburg, PA 17102

Phone: (717) 720-3321

Fax: (717) 720-3928

Email: EDITED

Just not sure if I want to email or snail mail him...

Edited to remove personal information.

Message Edited by Mike14 on 11-11-2008 02:50 PM
Message Edited by llecs on 11-11-2008 11:23 PM
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the guy's name was removed from my post, but just google "Assistant Vice President Guarantor/Insurer Relations" and the name will be in the first hit.
Message Edited by Mike14 on 11-12-2008 06:58 AM
Message 13 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Mike14 wrote:
Well, the guy's name was removed from my post, but just google "Assistant Vice President Guarantor/Insurer Relations" and the name will be in the first hit.
Message Edited by Mike14 on 11-12-2008 06:58 AM

Bingo. Google is our friend. You can probably find it on their website too.
Message 14 of 22
jaypsu

Re: Anyone have luck Swing AES??

Well, no luck on a GO to AES/PEA for me.  I received a letter from them today informing me "the credit information reported to each consumer reporting agency was correct due to the period of delinquency on your loans."

I seem to remember someone else reporting the same response from them.  It's irritating because I wasn't disputing the accuracy of the information they released; was just asking for a bit of forgiveness.  So much for that idea.

- Jay

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reviving an old post, Mike14, did you ever have any success? 
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Reviving an old post, Mike14, did you ever have any success? 

I never sent the letter, despite wanting to send it after the loans were successfully rehabilitated and they have been for over 6 months.  I will send it eventually, and update this thread with any results.
Message 17 of 22
LamsT
Established Member

Hi Mike, any word yet?  I have several loans with AES that were successfully rehabbed but still show 180 day past due in 2005, just wondering what you may have come across.

Starting Score: EQ-582
1-16-11: EQ-6195-2012 EQ-633 Current Score: EQ-725 Goal Score: EQ-700Score: TU-591Current Score: TU-716Goal Score: TU-700
Current Score: EX-693Goal Score: TU-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never sent the GW letter. However, are the lates showing on the NEW rehabbed TL? That should not show lates, as it's a new loan. That happened to my wife with another rehabbed TL; we just disputed with the CRA as "never been late" and they cleaned it right up. If the lates are on the original TL, a GW would be needed, or just wait till it falls off.

Message 19 of 22
reneern1
Valued Member

Can you pm the gw letter you sent them! 

Starting Score: TU 517 - EQ 539
Current Score: TU 654 - EQ 657 - EX 641 FAKO
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.