Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything I can do? one delinquent hit on report

tag
ludawg23
Established Member

Anything I can do? one delinquent hit on report

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there's anything I can do with this.  I took out a small perkins loan for about $3,000 back when I was in school.  The balance is almost paid off, $350 balance but I forgot to pay this account one month back in 2008.  I pulled my reports off of FICO and I can see a hit on my history saying I was 30 days late ONCE back in 2008.  Anything I can do to get this removed? Write a letter or call up? Once it gets paid off in full, do I just have to wait the full 7 years for it to fall off? Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anything I can do? one delinquent hit on report

@ludawg23 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if there's anything I can do with this.  I took out a small perkins loan for about $3,000 back when I was in school.  The balance is almost paid off, $350 balance but I forgot to pay this account one month back in 2008.  I pulled my reports off of FICO and I can see a hit on my history saying I was 30 days late ONCE back in 2008.  Anything I can do to get this removed? Write a letter or call up? Once it gets paid off in full, do I just have to wait the full 7 years for it to fall off? Thanks

I appreciate you wanting to rid yourself of this. Too many people these days don't seem to care about any type or amount of debt or negative items reporting. You can contact the creditor at any time and ask that the 30 day late be removed. They of course are under no obligation to do so but you can't get what you don't ask for. Even after it's paid off you can continue to ask for a GW deletion. If you are not successful then yes it will remain for 7 years from the date it was delinquent.

Good luck to you getting this done.

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.