cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anywhere to get a student loan while rebuilding credit (611 FICO)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anywhere to get a student loan while rebuilding credit (611 FICO)?

Please see this link for a deeper look into my credit picture. 

I'm learning that my government issued financial aid will not be enough to cover the last two semesters of my undergraduate education and so I'll have to finance the rest of it privately. It'll only be ~$4,000 if I had to guess. Not all that much in the grand scheme of things. 

About a year ago, I applied for a Citizens Bank student loan with a co-signer and was denied. My credit has improved dramatically since then, but I don't want to go and apply for multiple loans and suffer for a few hard pulls if I'm not going to get approved. 

Is there a place I can apply for a loan that won't murder me with interest while also having a good chance at approval with a co-signer now that my score is on the rise with responsible usage? 

Edit: Would it help to apply for loans with companies where I have existing relationships?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anywhere to get a student loan while rebuilding credit (611 FICO)?

Have you pulled scores? When will you need the loans?
Message 2 of 3
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anywhere to get a student loan while rebuilding credit (611 FICO)?

https://help.lendingclub.com/hc/en-us/articles/214869618-Will-checking-my-rate-affect-my-credit-scor...

I used this a couple of times back in 2014, and it was soft pulls.  I used it just to find out my true FICO score because even if you're denied, they give you a score report. 

100% up to if you trust it, or if they have interest rates that you'd be willing to pay for student debt. 

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.