Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Denied due to Balances

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Denied due to Balances

Not sure if this belongs here but, we've got good mods, so I know it'll go where it's supposed to. I've got about 100k in student loan debt which is all currently in repayment, but thanks to good ole IBR, my payments are a whopping 0 for the next 12 months. I app'd for Barclay Rewards a while back and was denied. I reconned, and the super nice rep told me they want to see movement on my loans before they approve me. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: App Denied due to Balances

Some lenders do consider the total amount of debt you owe in addition to the payment due.  IBR is not a gaurenteed payment plan, it is subject to change as your income changes, and it can also lapse if you fail to submit the paperwork that's required.  That situation carries some risk that someone with a lower total balance, or a larger percentage of their debt paid off does not have.

You may want to try applying to another CC company, they all have different standards.  You might poke around the CC forums here to pick a company or two with cards that you like that have more forgiving standards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.