cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are any lenders lenient with student loans?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Are any lenders lenient with student loans?

Hi guys, I just got my financial aid package from Temple.  It's a little more than what I expected, but I'd like to get about 2k more so that we'd easily be able to afford it, so I was wondering if there are any lenient student loan lenders, or if you guys could recommend any lenders for me?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Are any lenders lenient with student loans?

Exhaust your options for federal student loans first.  That may mean talking to you financial aid office and seeing if any adjustments can be made to the package you were awarded.

If you've maxed out your federal loans, plus any grants or scholarships, I would not take out any additional private loans unless it was absolutely neccessary to attend school and I was confident that my education would help me get a job that would let me pay them back comfortably and on-time.  These boards are a testament to how student loans can cause severe financial and credit issues if they aren't managed appropriately.  If you can do it with the $2000, your future self will be very thankful not to have to pay it back.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.