cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdated Forbearance Still Reporting Past Due on CRA's

tag
irishgirl88

Backdated Forbearance Still Reporting Past Due on CRA's

My loans were transferred to another servicing agent, but I was no aware of this since the original servicer still had most of my loans. Anyhow, I found out they were transferred after my loans were reported as delinquent. My questions are this:

1. These loans were in a 1-year deferment at the time they were transferred, does the deferment transfer as well?

2. The new servicer, once I contacted them put the delinquent loans into a backdated forbearance, yet they are still reporting that the loans were deliquent for those 4 months. Is this accurate reporting to the credit bureaus since the loans for those months were backdated to forbearance status?

3. I think the new servicer did not honor the original deferment because they reported the loan due and delinquent for that first month. 

Can anyone help me with this, my credit is perfect and these 4 loans just ruined my credit file. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Re: Backdated Forbearance Still Reporting Past Due on CRA's

I have the very same question as you. Have you had any luck yet?? Who are your loans with? Im with Nelnet

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.