Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best dorming loan help

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Best dorming loan help

WHY DOESN"T DISCOVER HAVE MY SCHOOL UGH????

guys whats the best place to get a loan specificaly for dorming. 

with my scores will i be able to get one to last me all 3 years of dorming?

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Best dorming loan help

specifically for forming? nobody. for student loans there are a ton of options like you mentioned discover, not sure why that isn't an option for you. You can also try sallie mae. a lot of people hate them but i had a small loan with them and never had any problems.

obviously private loans are never the best route, always try federal loans first and then parent plus if its an option.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 4
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Discover doesn't have my school a art school/film school. The school of visual arts. We won't get federal loans my dads makes 200k and a large percentege of that goes to my brothers boarding school which screws me.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 3 of 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

@zerbherb wrote:

Discover doesn't have my school a art school/film school. The school of visual arts. We won't get federal loans my dads makes 200k and a large percentege of that goes to my brothers boarding school which screws me.

Fill out the FAFSA anyway.  Just because you don't qualify for Pell grants or Perkins loans doesn't mean you won't be eligible for some federal aid.  Most people are eligible for some amount of Direct loans regardless of their family income.  You will also do well to come up with a plan that limits the amount you borrow - a large loan debt will not mesh well with the entry level income of a film/art graduate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.