Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAIVRS cleared

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

CAIVRS cleared

Many of us know that the US Dept of Ed has been in transition for a long time now. That being said, my load had officially been rehabbed 7/11 and I've still been paying to NCO Financial ever since. I sent out a dispute letter to EQ because the DoE TL was negative (showing in collections) and much to my dismay, EQ claimed that US DoE was reporting accurately! I called the DoE and finally got to a supervisor that not only put in a request to *accurately* update with EQ, she also cleared the CAIVRS block (which prevents anyone from getting government funding like for student loans and housing financing). In fact, I was even given a confirmation number.

Since my loan hasn't been picked up by a new lender, they can't report a positive line. However, the rep said that updating means that they'll delete the negative line because I'm rehabbed. Until my loan gets picked up, I'm still making payments to NCO Financial and I'm crossing my fingers that it gets picked up soon so that the positive TL increases my score.

While I don't have the rep's direct line, I can give you her name.

Hope I can help...

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAIVRS cleared

They clear this the moment payment posts. They will fax this to you to give to Financial Aid office, mortgage company or whatever you need

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.