Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COUPLE OF STUDENT LOANS SHOWING UP ON MY CR'S

tag
ficorenavator
Regular Contributor

COUPLE OF STUDENT LOANS SHOWING UP ON MY CR'S

I have a 1 student loan that I am in the process of repaying which is showing up multiple times on my credit report under different company names. How do I handle this to have the CR agencies only show the one that I am currently repaying.  The ones that are showing up under different company names due to being transfered/closed have serious negative info showing and I would like for them to be deleted all together.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: COUPLE OF STUDENT LOANS SHOWING UP ON MY CR'S

Unfortunately they can report, as long as they show a zero balance and "transferred/closed". You could always try sending a goodwill letter (asking nicely for them to be removed, basically) but the previous holders of the loan are under no obligation to remove the entry.
Message 2 of 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: COUPLE OF STUDENT LOANS SHOWING UP ON MY CR'S

It sounds like your loan is reporting correctly (unless the lates you mention are a mistake).  Each time a loan is transferred, it should be updated on your report as closed/transfered with a $0 balance, and a new tradeline for the new servicer should then appear.

Negative information will age off your report in about 7.5 years, or you can try GW letters to the servicer reporting the negatives.  If there are any mistakes, you should get your evidence together and dispute the info with the CRA or by calling the servicer and asking them to correct the issues.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.