Regular Contributor
raisinitup

Can Sallie Mae report lates while I'm in rehab ?

So I consolidated my sallie mae and my direct loans together and they're all being collected by Fl Dept of Education. I just completed rehab and I'm waiting for my loan to be picked up but Sallie Mae is still reporting 120 days late every month even though when I call them, they don't even have my loans (which is correct). Can they do this ? 

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Established Member
Barris

Re: Can Sallie Mae report lates while I'm in rehab ?

You will need to finish your consecutive 9 months of paying on time first before the negative reports are removed.

Regular Contributor
raisinitup

I did - I'm finished with rehab. They've removed my tax offset and everything. Just waiting to be picked up by the new lender but sallie mae is still report 120 day lates. Is this happening to anyone else ?

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Established Member
anackerman

[ Edited ]

Oops! double post! i don't know how to delete... 

Starting Score: EQ 511 (1/20/13)
Current Score: EQ 633
Goal Score: 680
Established Member
anackerman

I just started the rehab process within the past few weeks and it was explained to me that my rehab is not complete until my loan has been picked up by a new lender...so any restored rights, removal of negs and anything else promised, will not happen until the loan is picked up. 

Starting Score: EQ 511 (1/20/13)
Current Score: EQ 633
Goal Score: 680

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+