cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Sallie Mae report lates while I'm in rehab ?

tag
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Can Sallie Mae report lates while I'm in rehab ?

So I consolidated my sallie mae and my direct loans together and they're all being collected by Fl Dept of Education. I just completed rehab and I'm waiting for my loan to be picked up but Sallie Mae is still reporting 120 days late every month even though when I call them, they don't even have my loans (which is correct). Can they do this ? 

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Barris
Established Member

Re: Can Sallie Mae report lates while I'm in rehab ?

You will need to finish your consecutive 9 months of paying on time first before the negative reports are removed.

Message 2 of 5
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

I did - I'm finished with rehab. They've removed my tax offset and everything. Just waiting to be picked up by the new lender but sallie mae is still report 120 day lates. Is this happening to anyone else ?

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 3 of 5
anackerman
Established Member

Oops! double post! i don't know how to delete... 

Starting Score: EQ 511 (1/20/13)
Current Score: EQ 633
Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 5
anackerman
Established Member

I just started the rehab process within the past few weeks and it was explained to me that my rehab is not complete until my loan has been picked up by a new lender...so any restored rights, removal of negs and anything else promised, will not happen until the loan is picked up. 

Starting Score: EQ 511 (1/20/13)
Current Score: EQ 633
Goal Score: 680
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.