Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i consolidate my navient loan?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Can i consolidate my navient loan?

I have 5 navient loans all reporting 90 120 90 days late in 2014 3 months of late. Came out of forberrace and was suppose to be direct payment. If i look at my payments it only shows one month mussing but maybe i didnt make enough of a payment? Can i consolidate to 1 loan tradeline so all these lates dont show and can i stay with navient?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Can i consolidate my navient loan?

Honestly don't know this answer, but it's.possible that.even if you.consolidate, the lates that already reported would remain there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
SCF
Valued Contributor

You can call Navient and ask them to explain what happened with your account.  If you missed one payment and then didn't bring the loan fully current for several months because you didn't pay extra to cover the missed payment + fees, that could be how you ended up with a 120+ day late.  They should be able to explain it to you though, and if there's an error, correct it.

If you consolidate your loans, you will get a new tradeline for the new consolidation loan, but it won't change any of the reporting on your old loans.  They will just show that they are closed, with a $0 balance, and a remark like "consolidated" or "refinanced."

Message 3 of 5
glamchick
Established Contributor

Yes im going to call them and ask to explain because i cant figure out by there spreadsheet how i was 120 days late maybe 30 or 60.  Should i post the payment register here to see if someone else can figure it out?

And it sounds like its not worth the hassle of consolidating maybe i will try a GW letter

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Navient and request payment history. Unfortunately consolidation wont change any of the late pay history. It will just combine tradelines.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.