Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they still report?

tag
jay33
Valued Member

Can they still report?

So I have a SL account that is reporting that I got through my University.  I didn't repay and it was sent to the US Dept of Education.  I PIF the amount to the Dept. of Education in April and received the documentation indicating this.  On my CR it is reported as paid, $0 bal collection.  My problem is the OC (the University) is still reporting.  Can they do this eventhough I paid the collection with the CA?  I tried to dispute through Experian and it came back verified.  I'm ready to send an MOV with the PIF documentation that I have, but I want to make sure this will be beneficial.

Any help would be appreciated. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can they still report?

jay33 wrote:
So I have a SL account that is reporting that I got through my University.  I didn't repay and it was sent to the US Dept of Education.  I PIF the amount to the Dept. of Education in April and received the documentation indicating this.  On my CR it is reported as paid, $0 bal collection.  My problem is the OC (the University) is still reporting.  Can they do this eventhough I paid the collection with the CA?  I tried to dispute through Experian and it came back verified.  I'm ready to send an MOV with the PIF documentation that I have, but I want to make sure this will be beneficial.

Any help would be appreciated. 

As long as they are reporting correctly($0 balance) then yes the OC and the CA can both report.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.