Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off Question

tag
agforfree5
Contributor

Re: Charge off Question

@webhopper wrote:
Before you move forward with a settlement call and ask if they have a rehabilitation program which would remove negative reporting. if they do not; ask them to settle. I will flag your post and ask moderator's to move to the student loan forum; those guys know more about your options than I do. I assummed this was a credit card charge off..

Already looked into the rehab program and it is not offered for Private Student Loans (otherwise that would have been the best option). Ok my apologies, I posted it on here because I usually get everything answered here. Thanks though.

Message 11 of 14
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

Hi I have a question along these same lines. About 6 years ago, I had a CO mark on a student loan and was "transferred/sold" to another lender. I still owe on that loan, but it is with another lender now with whom I am in good standing.

Can I request that CO be taken off my CR from the original lender?  

>

Message 12 of 14
SCF
Valued Contributor

@ethan17debttackler wrote:

Hi I have a question along these same lines. About 6 years ago, I had a CO mark on a student loan and was "transferred/sold" to another lender. I still owe on that loan, but it is with another lender now with whom I am in good standing.

Can I request that CO be taken off my CR from the original lender?  

Is there anything inaccurate about their reporting?  Are they still updating a negative status?  Reporting a balance owed?  If so, you should contact them and move to a dispute with the CRAs if needed to correct anything that isn't right.

If they are reporting everything correctly, then your best hope is to either wait for it to age off or write goodwill letters.

Message 13 of 14
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

It's pretty accurate, actually. May have to resort to a GW letter....or just wait. Thanks for advice.

>

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.