Contributor
agforfree5

Re: Charge off Question

webhopper wrote:
Before you move forward with a settlement call and ask if they have a rehabilitation program which would remove negative reporting. if they do not; ask them to settle. I will flag your post and ask moderator's to move to the student loan forum; those guys know more about your options than I do. I assummed this was a credit card charge off..

Already looked into the rehab program and it is not offered for Private Student Loans (otherwise that would have been the best option). Ok my apologies, I posted it on here because I usually get everything answered here. Thanks though.

Contributor
ethan17debttackler

Hi I have a question along these same lines. About 6 years ago, I had a CO mark on a student loan and was "transferred/sold" to another lender. I still owe on that loan, but it is with another lender now with whom I am in good standing.

Can I request that CO be taken off my CR from the original lender?  

Starting Score: 521EX
Current Score: 686 EX 680 EQ 690 TU
Goal Score: 720+

Community Leader<br> Valued Contributor</br>
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
SCF

ethan17debttackler wrote:

Hi I have a question along these same lines. About 6 years ago, I had a CO mark on a student loan and was "transferred/sold" to another lender. I still owe on that loan, but it is with another lender now with whom I am in good standing.

Can I request that CO be taken off my CR from the original lender?  

Is there anything inaccurate about their reporting?  Are they still updating a negative status?  Reporting a balance owed?  If so, you should contact them and move to a dispute with the CRAs if needed to correct anything that isn't right.

If they are reporting everything correctly, then your best hope is to either wait for it to age off or write goodwill letters.

Contributor
ethan17debttackler

It's pretty accurate, actually. May have to resort to a GW letter....or just wait. Thanks for advice.

Starting Score: 521EX
Current Score: 686 EX 680 EQ 690 TU
Goal Score: 720+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}