cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Education One or TERI or National Collegiate Trust... Which is it?

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Chase Education One or TERI or National Collegiate Trust... Which is it?

So I have student loans through Education One, but I don't know if it's Chase that is the original creditor, or National Collegiate Trust, which is who is showing up on my credit report, or TERI, who is also listed...  Any secret ways of knowing who is the OC in these things?

Also, and the main reason for this post...  I have my promissory notes for each of the loans, but I cannot find a copy of the full contract.  Do any of the gurus here happen to know where I could get a copy of a Chase Education One private student loan?  I'm hoping...

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Education One or TERI or National Collegiate Trust... Which is it?

How do you make your payments?  I would contact them.

Message 2 of 4
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Well, thats the thing.  I posted a while ago, but they're the thing that's killing my score.  I cosigned several years ago on some loans, and got some of my own, as well.  I'm, paying my federal loans just fine, but when the private pnes came due, I couldn't afford the payments, and my cosignee couldn't either, so they tanked.  Defaulted, and have since been charged off.  Since then, I've had a few collection agencies that have tried to collect, but wouldn't negotiate an amount that could be paid, so they're still sitting...   IDK if they use the laws of a particular state, or if it doesn't say, etc.  The first loan was signed for in 2005, and went into "repayment" back in 2006, and the last was two years after that.  

I just want to see if it's outside SOL, based on what the contract says.  If so, I'll be able to relax a lot more.  I know at this point, it's probably not worth their suing me, since I make hardly any money, but I still don't trust them...  

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

Oh, I thought these were current loans Smiley Sad  Sorry about that.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.