cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check is garnished can it stillreportss collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check is garnished can it stillreportss collections?

ISAC garnished my wages a year and a half ago for a private student Loan. Started garnishing me in 12/2016 and still garnishing. My employer sends payments to Servicer called FirstMark who was also the CA. Can FirstMark still report this as a collections account even though they get their darn money each pay period? Anything I can do to get it to a positive TL at least?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Re: Check is garnished can it stillreportss collections?

*duplicate*

Message 2 of 4
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately the answer is yes they can and more often than not WILL continue to report even during any wage garnishment period. Have you ever tried to enter into a rehabilitation agreement with the current servicer?

*EDIT* Sorry for the computer double post glitch

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If garnishment payments are going to the debt collector, then they are the prevailing plaintiff and the owner of the debt.

Yes, they still have active collection authority.

It remains a delinquent debt under collection until it is fully discharged.

The collection will be removed no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD on the OC account.

That applies regardless of whether the debt has been paid.

Earlier removal can only be obtained by voluntary deletion by the debt collector, which is unlikely until you have paid the entire debt.

A collection never becomes a "postive tradeline", even if paid.  It is not an account of the consumer, and is always a negative factor.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.