Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Student Loans stopped reporting in 2011, can't make them report again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Student Loans stopped reporting in 2011, can't make them report again

Hi all,

I have three private student loans with Citi, all of them in good standing, never missed a payment.

Unfortunately for me they completely stopped reporting to the credit bureaus in 2011 even though I've been paying them every month.

Now on all of my reports the balances are just as high as back then. I tried contacting them a few times online without success.

What do you recommend I do? Should I try contacting the bank some other way or dispute the the credit bureaus?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Student Loans stopped reporting in 2011, can't make them report again

How have you tried to contact them so far?

Message 2 of 4
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I have three private student loans with Citi, all of them in good standing, never missed a payment.

Unfortunately for me they completely stopped reporting to the credit bureaus in 2011 even though I've been paying them every month.

Now on all of my reports the balances are just as high as back then. I tried contacting them a few times online without success.

What do you recommend I do? Should I try contacting the bank some other way or dispute the the credit bureaus?

Didn't Citi let Discover buy their student loan portfolio in late 2011? My student loans from Citi are now managed by Discover now!

Message 3 of 4
cjd
Valued Member

Three of my loans were bought by Sallie Mae and the last by Discover. My credit reports all show the original high balance and a current balance of $0 stating they have been transferred. I didn't check my reports during the transfer process so I don't know if it was a simultaneous stop reporting from Citi and new reporting from SM or Discover. Could your loans be in the process of being transferred?

Starting Score: April 2012 EQ 624
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ 751
Goal Score: New Goal: 775!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge No Apps for the foreseeable future.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.