Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused Student Loans

tag
peme6040
New Contributor

Confused Student Loans

This is my first post to boards and I'm really confused on stuff on my credit from my student loans.  I have 2 ones that I know of that I have payments to be made on AES & Dept of Ed.  AES I have started making payments on after deferrment and Dept of Educ I am still in deferrement on.  On my credit report, AES/Brazos says Claim Filed w/ Govt. for insured portion of balance on loan back in 2009.  They were bought out by AES/Suntrust to which I am making payments now.  Is this something that may be lowering my credit score-if so how do I go about getting it removed?  It also says that AES/Brazos was saying that I was at least 120 days or more than 4 payments past due?

Now with US Dept of Educ-back in 2009 I was 60 past due back in 2009 but then went into deferrment---is this bringing down my score & can it also be removed?  Hopefully this makes sense to someone because it has me completely confused.  Thx for any help!

Starting Score: 645
Current Score: 713!
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.