cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated Defaulted Student Loans!!

tag
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Consolidated Defaulted Student Loans!!

When you rehab federal loans they will set your rehab payment based on the IBR formula, there's not really any room to negotiate on the payment amount or total amount of the loans because they have so many tools to collect what is owed, and federal loans don't have a statute of limitations.

With your private loans, you may be able to negotiate, but it depends on a lot of factors like the age of the debt, how effective the lender thinks the collection effort might be, etc.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of consolidation did you do.  If you did the Federal Consolidated program, the old loans should have been paid off with 0 balance and a new one with your consolidated loans.

If you have more than consolidated loans, or a consolidated loan plus another loan, why don't you contact this company to help you.  They will provide you with a free consultation and see what savings they can offer you and may even be qualified for the Loan Forgiveness program after the terns of 240 or 300 payments.  Any remaining balance would be forgiven.

Call them at  888-332-6121 ext 7003.

Good Luck

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can consolidate your Federal Loan and have your payment reduced and possibly qualify for loan forgiveness for the remaining balance after the 240 or 300 payments.

If you also are having financial hardship, you may even qualify for $0 payment.  In addition, if you work for the government or non profit agency, you remaining balance after 120 payments will be forgiven.

Check them out at  888-332-6121 ext 7003. you will be directed to the lady that helped me.

Good luck

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want to take advantage of the Repayment Program that would tie in  for some LoanForgiveness, you need to consolidate your loan. 

I recomment calling this consultant company and they will provide you with a free consultation.  It doesn't hurt.  It doesn't to just talk to them.   888-332-6121 ext 7003.  Ask for Jacqueline.  She is the one that helped me.

Good luck.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest that you contact this consulting company and they will provide you with a free consultation.   888-332-6121  ext. 7003.  Her name is Jacqueline.

Good luck

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely rehab. I can tell you the results 100% after next month but my husband went the route of rehad i juaf consolidated, my consolidation only raised my points about 30 and it stays there all the neg informarion.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.