cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating Student loans,what payment reports?

tag
jagmanbrg
New Visitor

Consolidating Student loans,what payment reports?

So my wife is consolidating her student loans with directloans, when our broker pulls her credit now it shows the full payment amount, for example on one loan her "payment" is 500ish, but our "payment arrangement" is 65, she said that income based payments through the various lenders will still report the "typical" payment even if you have an arrangement set up. So my question is, if she does the income based loan with directloans, her payment will be around 80 for al of her loans, wouldnt her payment be 80 on her credit report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Consolidating Student loans,what payment reports?

Moving this here and maybe someone will come along and report what they see on their SL after consolidating.

Message 2 of 4
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I consolidated my loans about two years ago. My credit report just has my consolidated loan payment. It went from $800ish to $400ish. The $400ish is currently being reported.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 3 of 4
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@jagmanbrg wrote:

So my wife is consolidating her student loans with directloans, when our broker pulls her credit now it shows the full payment amount, for example on one loan her "payment" is 500ish, but our "payment arrangement" is 65, she said that income based payments through the various lenders will still report the "typical" payment even if you have an arrangement set up. So my question is, if she does the income based loan with directloans, her payment will be around 80 for al of her loans, wouldnt her payment be 80 on her credit report?

Consolidation aside, for the moment....

Are you asking if, when a borrower is on an IBR plan, does the IBR payment amount show on your credit report? Because I'm on an IBR plan, and yes, my credit reports show the IBR amount of payment as "monthly payment" on my credit reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.