cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma showing student loan Removed !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma showing student loan Removed !

I don't want to place to many exclamation marks, but....I finally paid off my nelnet student loan about a month ago . It finally reported to Myfico as paid in full -closed, Ive had this account since 2008 i want to say i missed my first payment in 2012.  Just the other day i noticed on Credit Karma that the account was actually removed! I had 11 missed payments due to miss communication "address changes,phone number,etc"  showing on the reports 180+ late.So when i went on the site it actually showed that both transunion and Equifax had the student loan removed. I also noticed that my payment history is now 99.9 percent on the excellent side of things, however Myfico doesn't really justify any increases if that was truly the case. In fact, my credit dropped a few points 3-6 on each bureaus for closed loan account.Im sure there were other algorithm factors involved and im hoping the report in fact hasn't been updated on myfico part of things. so question, I usually only go to credit Karma for reports , which are pretty accurate, example,when i found out about one of the collections I had on my report I called and had it PFD about a week later it reported on CK before Myfico ever did...any thoughts? I don't want to spend any money on the myfico report just yet 41 bucks can wait im not in any rush .....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma showing student loan Removed !

I just checked my capital one (vintage score) and this as well shows 0 delinquents and 0 derogatory !
Message 2 of 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

The reports/information that you receive from Credit Karma should be accurate as of the day they say they pulled your report.  They are just repackaging information directly from the CRAs.  The "catch" with these sites is that they don't use a FICO scoring model - and therefore your score can vary significantly from what a lender might see when they pull a report and FICO score.

As far as myFICO not updating as quickly, I'm sure it has something to do with how often whatever monitoring product you use pulls new data from the CRAs.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. As far as my fico I get all three scores plus mortgage /credit cards extra and I haven't purchased a report since March but anyways I'm not saying it's a bad thing that it's been removed but I'm not clear as to why it's been removed... Doesn't it show for seven years from the date of delinquency Regardless of what type of account it is? I'm definitely ok with it being deleted because it will improve/balance out my payment history which is the largest factor. I'm sure when the next credit card statement alerts me hopefully the algorithms improves as well. On tu and eq CK shows 18 points of a jump so I'm hoping fico improves I'm pretty sure it will even though theyre different scoring models
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.