Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions & Private Student Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Unions & Private Student Loans

Does anyone know of a Credit Union, that anyone can join, that offers private student loans that do NOT require a co-signer? 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Unions & Private Student Loans

www.USCcreditunion.org   does student loans with no cosigners but you need to live, work, or worship in Los Angeles.   They want to see a 1 year track record with installment loans or they will ask for a co-signer.    They have a cap on how high the interest rate can go and give a rate reduction based on you GPA when you graduated.  They may have the best loan out there.

NASA has a credit union that anyone can join but requires a co-signer.    

Credit Unions are the way to go........better rates than the big banks 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm--well, I don't live anywhere near L.A. and I need a CU that doens't require a co-signer.

Any other CU's you know of that anyone can join?  Or in Denver, CO?  I've checked all the ones I know of out here and nothing.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try: http://www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.phtml  it is the most comprehensive list of private loans I have seen.   I heard somewhere that a score of 620 is needed but I could be wrong.

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.