Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit reporting after Rehab Completion

tag
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Credit reporting after Rehab Completion

Hi all,

Was wondering what is the average time credit reports were updated after rehab completion. If anyone has dealt with NYS Hesc in rehab, that would be a plus!

Currently I completed October 27, 2012. The loan was picked up Novemeber 19, 2012. Received two letters stating my rehab completion and account was sold, but no adjustment to credit reports yet. I was told it would take up to 60 days to update. Anyone with success with NYS HESC being rehab and Edfinancial/Nelnet being original lender would be greatly appreciated.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit reporting after Rehab Completion

It took me over two years after rehab was completed to get the default indicators (i.e. "paid by insurance", "defaulted", etc.) removed from the account entries on my credit reports.

Keep in mind that all the late payments will still show until they drop off when the appropriate amount of time has passed.

Edited to add: I just got off the phone with Nelnet, and I couldn't even get them to understand my question, apparently, as her response to me was "this will stay on your credit report for ten years".

*sigh*

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 2 of 12
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for reply gamegrrl.

Nelnet has the notation "claim filed by government on my report. Is that considered a default notation?

It also states it will fall of January 2017.

NYS HESC was the guarantor and they have the account as one account on my report as a collection account. The letter I received after rehab stated it would be deleted.

The lates don't bother me. But if the notation is an indication of default, I want it removed. And that the NYS HESC delete as promised. How did you get notation removed? Or PM me. Thanks

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 3 of 12
dlee
Established Member

The "claim filed" notation is the final remark on credit reporting when a student loan defaults. If you successfully rehabilitate the loan, you can contact Nelnet and request that the claim filed status changes to "transferred."

Message 4 of 12
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Thanks dlee for information.

Message 5 of 12
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Someone was nice enough to pm me email address to executive office. Will post results As they come.

Message 6 of 12
User648836

In general it can take up to 60 days for your credit report to update. You can give Nelnet a call to request it be updated and they might be able to get it done in a month.

Message 7 of 12
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Thanks already spoke to nelnet, but they are original lender. I also spoke to nys hesc who I did the rehab with and was given the general 60 days response, but many are stating they had to dispute instead of it coming off with other lenders. I really wanted a response from a person who actually rehab directly with nys hesc with Nelnet being original lender. That would be helpful for me so that I know what to do when my 60 days hit.

Message 8 of 12
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Equifax updated one of my loans "Paid as agreed", but not the other one. It still states collections. The lates of course are all still there. i guess I am going to have to contact Nelnet to let them no they missed an account.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again Unique!

For me - when I found out in December 2012 that my loan was rehabbed and picked up by new lender - I immediately disputed it on all CRAs.  

Then, I found that those were deleted (pulled up new reports).  After confirmed that those were completely out of my account - I learned that I was able to get like a letter saying that your loan has been rehabbed and will be deleted in 30-60 days.

I think I got really lucky - I am not sure if "disputing" is such a good idea - but perhaps, may get CRAs attention (because they will contact your lender to verify your debt and your lender will say, hey - it has been rehabbed so delete it away!!)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.