Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOE picking up rehab loans?

tag
Gracie15
Valued Member

Re: DOE picking up rehab loans?

Happy to hear you can move forward on the mortgage.  Not sure what I will do now. I wanted my TL updated. Maybe it's still worth a shot to give them a call. Congratulations on you success!!

Starting Score: EQ: 559 Score Watch
Current Score: EQ: 646 TU: 667 EX: 664 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

I tried the "I'm trying to get a mortgage" tactic when I called the DOE with no luck.  I was simple told that the DOE currently isn't picking loans back up, but they should start again soon, and that I should continue to make payments to the collections agency handling my account.  Hopefully some of you have better luck than I did.

The only reason I have in wanting them to hurry the hell up, is because I'm ready to pay off my loan, in full, and do not want to do that until the derogs are off my reports.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 12 of 13
wallacecody25
New Contributor

I did have to go through a few different people when talking to Doe, but they will remove you from caivrs and update your default status. They will not update trade lines though. Just as long as you are on your ninth payment. I would recommend calling back, and asking if there is any way you can get your status updated, because it's the only thing holding you back from obtaining a government backed mortgage.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.