Frequent Contributor
Razeus

Days late on the damage to credit scores

I think the only thing holding back my credit score now are my late payments to my student loans.  Particulary Sallie Mae as I have several 120 days late showing on my credit from 2011.  Come this October 1, the will all be over a year old.  

Does anyone know how long this damage affects your credit score.  I know after a year it should be less of an affect, but not sure with student loans.  My current scores are between 650-696 depending on the bureau.  I'm trying my darnest to get over 720.

My Wallet:
Discover It $11,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | AMEX BCE $3,000 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Days late on the damage to credit scores

Those are considered major derogatories, & will probably hurt for the entire time that they are on your reports.  I believe the effect will be somewhat lessened after the 1st 2 years, but they will still be costing you points, especially since you said you have several of them.  It is very unfortunate that they are fairly recent.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+